Nurse Advocate: Thin Line of Sanity

Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Thin Line of Sanity

It's been a while since I have posted my last blog, I have been very busy and I was finally assigned to have my duty in the Psyche Ward ....

WHooah! It's a very tense moment when I first entered the ward. I thought I was gonna die before I leave the place. The patients are all looking at us and they do not look normally. Their stare feels like they're dissecting every bit and every part of your body. It feels as if they know your deepest secrets. It's a good thing that I am not the only one who will have my duty in the Psyche Ward for the first time. I have my three other classmates with me who are first timers. The ironic thing is I was assigned to two patients...Imagine!!!??? Not one patient but TWO!!! GRRRR..At that moment, I thought I want to kill my C.I. but I can't do anything, I have to go through this.

So after minutes of preparation, which feels like years..heheheh... I went to my patient and introduced myself. At first, he seems like a normal person. "Is this a crazy person I'm talking to? He seems pretty ok to me...." That eased my anxiety as I get to know the person more. His name is Mr. Ferdinand ******( let's give him privacy, ok?) he's a seaman and he's ok for a guy. We talked and we talked like crazy. As I talk to him, I remebered my bestfriend who took BSMT too and he is currently having internship in inter-island shipping. That thought made me closer to my patient and we talked the day away....

As the day came to a close, my anxiety in having my duty in the pSyche Ward is still there but at least I am a bit relaxed as I come to know that Psyche patients or the "crazy" or the "mentally ill" as others would call them are very much other person that we come to talk to everyday. Sometimes, the people that we know are worse than those who are in the Psyche Ward. Maybe the difference is just they are undiagnosed to be having such illness or they still have support persons who help them through their problems....

It came to me that the thin line that separates the sane from the insane is indeed veryvery very thin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...